2018 Municipal Elections

The 2018 Municipal Election will be held on October 22, 2018.

The West Elgin 2018 Municipal Election will be conducted using Internet and Telephone Voting, as well as by traditional paper ballot on Voting Day. 





The electronic methods of voting will provide individuals with:

·        many advance days of voting;

·        voting 24 hours of the day/seven days of the week;

·        the ability to vote from anywhere in the world.

Intellivote is the service provider for electronic election services for the 2018 Municipal Election in West Elgin.  Please find their instructional videos for both internet voting and telephone voting


The Municipal Clerk is the Returning Officer for the Election and questions in respect to elections should be directed to the Clerk's Office.


Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Municipal Election Information