The Municipality of West Elgin has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Public Works Operator. Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, this position carries out a variety of duties in connection with road maintenance and construction including operation and maintenance of equipment, drainage repairs, installation of road signs, surveying, tree removal, traffic control and dealing with the public where necessary.
- Minimum class AZ or DZ licence
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of heavy equipment including dump truck, backhoe, wheel loader, dozer, excavator, grader and tractor
- Mechanically inclined in areas such as wiring, hydraulics and welding
- Snow removal experience including plowing and winter material application
- Demonstrates a positive, safety conscious attitude.
Pay range: $20.14 /hr. - $25.18 /hr.
Applicants must submit a resume detailing education and employment history no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, June 29th, 2018 to Lee Gosnell at email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected and will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O., 1990, and will be used for employment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for accessibility purposes is available upon request during the recruitment process, please direct questions to the Clerk.