How to get a Marriage License
- Application for marriage license may be picked up at the Municipality of West Elgin office - Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, or use print off a copy from the link/button above.
- The application must be completed and signed prior to your appointment.
- An appointment must be scheduled two days in advance with the Municipal office to obtain license.
- The cost of the license is $100.00 payable in cash (NO CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED).
- Two forms of identification are necessary. (birth certificate plus one other)
- If either party is divorced an original CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE (NOT A DIVORCE JUDGEMENT) is required or a certified copy. If the marriage was dissolved outside of Canada - special approval from the Registrar General is needed.
- If either party is unable to be present at the appointed time the attending party must bring the identification necessary for both parties.
- If applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, a signed parental consent form must be returned with the application. Parental consent or Form 6 is available at the Municipal office.