Marriage Licenses

How to get a Marriage License

Marriage Licence Application Form

  • Application for marriage license may be picked up at the Municipality of West Elgin office - Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, or use print off a copy from the link/button above.
  • The application must be completed and signed prior to your appointment.
  • An appointment must be scheduled two days in advance with the Municipal office to obtain license.
  • The cost of the license is $100.00 payable in cash (NO CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED).
  • Two forms of identification are necessary. (birth certificate plus one other)
  • If either party is divorced an original CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE  (NOT A DIVORCE JUDGEMENT) is required or a certified copy.  If the marriage was dissolved outside of Canada - special approval from the Registrar General is needed.
  • If either party is unable to be present at the appointed time the attending party must bring the identification necessary for both parties.
  • If applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, a signed parental consent form must be returned with the application. Parental consent or Form 6 is available at the Municipal office.