Noise and Parking Bylaws
The Elgin O.P.P. enforces noise and parking by-laws in the Municipality of West Elgin.
For questions 519-631-2920 (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday)
For complaints about dogs running at large or a dangerous or potentially dangerous dog contact the Glencoe Animal Shelter at 1-800-830-9367.
Property Standards or Clearing & Cleaning of Land by-laws
For complaints about Property Standards or Clearing & Cleaning of Land by-laws you are required to complete a complaint form that is available at the municipal office or click here for online form.
List of Current Bylaws
The consolidated by-law documents you can access from our site are for information only.
The official version of all by-laws can be obtained from the Municipal Office.
Readers are cautioned that the By-laws reference on this web page represent office consolidations of the original by-law and following amendments, which are by-laws in themselves.
If you wish to keep your request confidential you should submit the form in person at the municipal office.
- Alcohol Policy 2000-50
- Animal care and impoundment 2011-24
- Building Bylaw 2005-87
- Burning Bylaw 2014-69 as amended
- Clearing of Land 2004-68 as amended
- Clearing of Land Bylaw Schedule A (Rodney)
- Clearing of Land Bylaw Schedule B (West Lorne)
- Entrance Permits 2004-48
- Exotic Animals 2004-16
- Fences around swimming pools 98-47
- Fences around swimming pools amendment 2012
- Fencing of Livestock 2007-33
- Division Fence 2015-55
- Boundary Fence 2015-56
- Idling Control 2011-61
- Noise 2004-77 as amended
- Notice 2007-113
- Parking By-law 2001-50 as amended
- Policy for Accountability and Transparency 2007-117
- Policy for Delegation of Authority 2007-116
- Procedure By-law 2007-12 as amended
- Property Standards 99-09 as amended