For information regarding our West Elgin Recreation Committee, you can visit the committee page here.
West Elgin Community Pool
The pool is now closed for the season and will re-open in June 2019. The West Elgin Community Pool is located at 259 Ridout street, Rodney.
We look forward to next season. Keep in the Swim!
For more information on the Pool, please call the Recreation Department at 519-785-1380.
During the pool's open season (June-August), the contact number for the pool is 519-785-0750.
West Elgin Splash Pad
West Elgin Splash Pad Opens June 1st 2018 and will close for the season on October 1st, 2018.
The Splash Pad is located at 171 Graham Street West Lorne, behind the arena and next to the soccer fields.
Splash Pad Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Port Glasgow Beach
The Port Glasgow beach can be accessed by the Port Glasgow Marina at 8536 Haven's Lake Rd, Rodney, ON N0L 2C0.
The beach is Blue-Flag certified. Blue Flag is a world-renowned eco-certification for beaches and marinas. When you see a Blue Flag flying, you know a beach or marina is clean and accessible; has great water quality; meets high safety standards; and is working hard to protect local shorelines and ecosystems. Blue Flags are flying at 27 beaches and nine marinas in Canada.
Looking for more information on Blue-Flag certification? You can visit their website here.
You can read the Blue-Flag report for our beach here.
West Elgin Arena
The West Elgin Arena is located at 171 Graham St, West Lorne. Public Skate is on Sundays 1-3PM.
For more information, you can contact the arena at 519-768-1380.
West Elgin Recreation Centre
The West Elgin Recreation Centre is located at 135 Queen Street, Rodney.
For bookings, please call 519-785-0560.
259 Ridout St, Rodney
519-785-0750 (Seasonal June to August)
171 Graham St, West Lorne
135 Queen St, Rodney
For bookings call 519-785-0560
Fees and Charges
You can view the full list of Fees and Charges in By-Law 2019-15
- Prime time (weekdays after 5pm & all day saturday + sunday) - $147.79 + HST
- Off Primte time (weekdays 8am - 5pm) - $59.29 + HST
- Minor Sports Associations (per hour) - $126.55 (tax exempt)
- Skate Sharpening - $5 (tax exempt)
- per person - $2 (tax exempt)
- per family - $5 (tax exempt)
Summer Main Floor
- Per day (8 hours) - $425 + HST
- Per hour - $40 + HST
- Set up (per hour per staff member) - $40 + HST
- Additional clean up (per hour per staff member) - $40 + HST
- Per day - $100 + HST
- Per month (open 3 days per week) - $300 + HST
Advertising Space Rental (Per Season)
- Wall signs (3 x 6') - $75 + HST
- Ice logos (plus expenses) - $500 + HST
- Zamboni (per full side) - $500 + HST
Above does not include the cost of the sign
- Rodney Town Hall - Tinty Tots (per month) - $50 + HST
- Miller Park Pavilion (per day) - $25 + HST
West Elgin Recreation Centre
- Main Floor rental (per hour) - $25 + HST
- Meeting Room (per hour) - $15 + HST
- Meeting Room + Kitchen (per hour) - $20 + HST
- Small Meeting Room (per hour) - $10 + HST
- Full Building Full Day Rental (8+ hours) - $350 + HST
- Full Building (per hour) - $50 + HST
- Senior Shufflers (per month) - $50 + HST
- Adult Baseball League (per team, per season) - $100 + HST
- Baseball Tournaments (per day, adults only) - $60 + HST
- Adult Soccer (per team) - $100 + HST
- Soccer Tournaments (per day / per field, adults) - $60 + HST
- Sand Ring (per day) - $180 + HST
- Family Season Pass - $175 (tax exempt)
- Family Monthly Pass - $105 (tax exempt)
- Single Season Pass - $90 (tax exempt)
- Single Monthly Pass - $55 (tax exempt)
- Open Swim Admission (per person) - $2 (tax exempt)
- Open Swim Admission (per family) - $5 (tax exempt)
- Swimming Lessons (per 2 weeks session) - $60 (tax exempt)
- Private Swimming Lessons (per 2 week session) - $95 (tax exempt)
- Pool Rental (per hour - includes 2 Life Guards) - $65 + HST
- Additional Life Guards (per hour) (if required) - $18 + HST
- Aqua Fit (per class) - $5 + HST
- Aqua Fit (for 10 visits) - $40 + HST
- Adult and Senior Swim (per visit) - $2 + HST
- Swim Team / Synchronized Swimming (season) - $50 (tax exempt)